February 1, 2018
Getting a dehumidifier can help you live a better, healthier life. So if you have allergies and other symptoms, a dehumidifier can be a great way to get rid of them.
Our air quality experts at Bratcher Heating and Air Conditioning can help you choose the right whole-home dehumidifier to set the right moisture in your home.
We are the trusted HVAC company in Champaign, IL that offers some of the best air purification and humidification products on the market.
This article talks about the importance of dehumidifiers and also features the Humiditrol® Whole-Home Dehumidification System.
When A Dehumidifier is Needed
Aside from having allergies, you may need a dehumidifier if you notice any of these signs in certain areas of your home:
- High humidity in areas with poor ventilation such as bathrooms
- Mildew smells
- Mold spores growing on the walls
- Condensation on the windows
- Water stains on ceilings or walls
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
You will benefit from having a dehumidifier installed in your home.
- Dehumidifiers make your home less conducive to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
- Dehumidifiers are not disturbing to your daily life and run quietly and efficiently in the background without most people even noticing.
- These devices help reduce odors that come with mold and mildew in your home, eliminating that foul, rotting smell.
- Lowers the possibility of the development of mold on your clothing, furniture, and other linens such as bed sheets or curtains.
- These devices reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier and feel comfortable in your home.
- A less humid environment in your home allows clothing to dry faster, a longer shelf life for bread and cereals, the absence of corrosion on household devices like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
- Using a dehumidifier helps reduce dust in your home, eliminating the need for frequent home cleaning.
- A dehumidifier also lowers energy costs because it helps your cooling system run more efficiently. When the air in your home is more humid, your air conditioner must do the work of cooling the air and removing moisture, which means it has to work harder. This also causes your cooling unit to fail sooner, which will require frequent repairs or a replacement.
Features of the Humiditrol Whole-Home Dehumidification System
Engineered to easily link with your HVAC system, the Humiditrol® Whole-Home Dehumidification System offers total home comfort and air quality you can feel.
Its Patented Humiditrol® technology helps reduce humid conditions in the home, reducing the opportunity for mold and mildew problems.
This product also manages the moisture in your home’s air for greater comfort and improved indoor air quality.
It maintains optimal humidity, minimizing the impact of potential airborne pollutants.
Designed to seamlessly integrate with all Lennox® R410A cooling products and the ComfortSense® 7000 Series touchscreen thermostat to provide optimal comfort, indoor air quality and energy efficiency.
- Effectively removes excess moisture from the entire home, a single area, such as a basement or a combination of both
- Protects home furnishings and wood from moisture damage
- Uses environmentally-friendly R410A refrigerant
- No ozone emissions— a known lung irritant
- Installs easily in existing duct system
- 5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components
Need Help? Ask the Air Quality Experts
Having a functioning heating and cooling system isn’t enough to keep you comfortable and safe. You will need a whole-home dehumidifier to control the moisture in your home. This will ensure you’ll avoid catching diseases and allergies that are triggered by improper humidification.
If you are considering having the Humiditrol® Whole-Home Dehumidification System installed in your home, call Bratcher Heating and Air Conditioning. We are a proud Lennox dealer that has the knowledge and experience to set up your system according to the manufacturer’s standards.
Our loyal Urbana heating and air conditioning customers keep coming back to us because we are able to not just meet their needs but also exceed their expectations.