January 10, 2018
For decades, conventional heating and cooling systems have been giving homeowners the comfort of conditioned air by utilizing ducts. However, in a typical house, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. This results in higher utility bills and complexities in keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
Signs Your Home Has Ineffective Ducts
- High summer and winter utility bills
- Rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- Humid rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- Ducts that are located in an attic, crawlspace, or the garage
- Tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system
A ductless system is an efficient solution to the problem of inconsistent heating or cooling.
In cooperation with Lennox Industries, Bratcher Heating and Air Conditioning is a trusted heating company in Champaign, IL that provides energy-efficient ductless systems to help you achieve constant heating and cooling for your home.
This article talks about the advantages of ductless systems and also highlights the Lennox MLA Mini-Split Heat Pump that boasts outstanding cold-climate capabilities, which operates in temperatures as low as -22°F.
What is a Ductless System?
Started in Japan more than 30 years ago, ductless systems are highly efficient heating and cooling systems that enable homeowners to HVAC zone their houses. These systems have completely transformed the way people heat and cool their homes.
Compared to central air, ductless systems do not need ducts to move air. This is one of the reasons why they are the most comfortable, quietest, and energy-efficient way to condition the air in your home.
Benefits of Ductless Systems
One of the main advantages of having a ductless system installed in your home is the possibility of zoning. This allows certain rooms to have individual heating and cooling settings, depending on the occupants’ preferences. This is made possible by having a separate thermostat for each room, making it more energy-efficient and highly economical. Compared to centralized HVAC systems, mini-splits consume 25 to 50 percent less energy.
Another advantage of ductless systems over conventional air is their ease of installation. While it typically takes days to complete the installation of a conventional setup, a ductless system can be up and running in as little as one day.
Since mini-splits do not need ducts to move air, you will get rid of energy losses related to central forced air systems that utilize ductwork. This helps you save money on energy and do your part in helping the environment in the process.
Ductless systems usually operate with a remote control to make it easier to manage when it is positioned high on a wall or suspended from a ceiling.
Also, certain ductless air conditioners and heat pumps are ENERGY STAR® rated which may qualify for federal and state tax incentives as well as local utility rebates.
Features of the Lennox MLA Mini-Split Heat Pump
- With an efficiency rating of up to 24.00 SEER and 11.00 HSPF, it keeps you comfortable without generating high utility bills
- Indoor sound levels as low as 24 dB and outdoor levels as low as 52 dB
- Secure installation leave you less vulnerable to problems associated with window units, such as insects, weather elements and theft
- Ductless design eliminates complicated installation or expensive modification
- All-in-one heating and cooling delivers efficient, year-round comfort for virtually any room
- Five indoor comfort zones can be supported by one outdoor unit, creating a customized whole-home heating and cooling solution
Let the Pros Help You
Whether you have a new construction, a first-time system replacement, or have an area that has no ductwork, a ductless system is a wise choice.
For assistance on how to get the Lennox MLA Mini-Split Heat Pump professionally installed in your home, call Bratcher Heating and Air Conditioning. Our technicians are certified and experienced to install ductless systems and are factory-trained to ensure the installation meets the manufacturer’s specifications.
Our goal is to become your first choice for all your Urbana heating and air conditioning needs.